Sunday, July 10, 2011

Texas Roadhouse - Mobile, AL

6150 Airport Boulevard, Mobile, AL 36608 (251) 341-0168 ‎
www.texasroadhouse.com

Rating: 


Review Comments:
Ernest and I both love a great steak and for Father's Day I thought Texas Roadhouse would be a great place to take him.  Well, originally the choice was Longhorns. The parking lot, however, was so packed and seeing the multitude of people outside made us change our minds.

Texas Roadhouse was also crowded, but the good thing was that we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seated.  The atmosphere reminded me so much of restaurants back home in Denver. The wood floors, country music playing in the background, peanut shells everywhere. However, I must say that there butcher style display of raw steak near the entrance was a nice added bonus to the look. I can't say that it was the same when it came to the food though.

First throw off was our appetizer which were Fried Pickles. These are usually my favorites, but here they were absolutely not.  They were so thin that they were more like chips. And for a person that rarely uses salt they tasted like a spoonfull of just that. Sour salt. I couldn't eat more than 3 and Ernest could feel his blood pressure rising from them.

As far as our main dishes goes we both had their Texas Size Combos which in no was. Believe me when I say that most restaurants in Texas, at least in Dallas, had bigger steaks and ribs than what we were given and tasted much better. The food wasn't awful, just not something to brag about.  The steak had good flavor, but for a medium rare it was a tad too tough.

As far as staff, our waitress was good and very friendly. They spoke to us the moment we walked in and helpful to us being that it was our first time there.

In my opinion I wouldn't say not go here. The food is decent and its a great place when out comes to the atmosphere. Never hurts to give it a try.





No comments:

Post a Comment