Saturday, July 23, 2011

Giordano's Pizzeria - Chicago, IL

56 E Superior St (between Rush St & Wabash Ave) Chicago, IL 60611 (312) 951-0747
http://www.giordanos.com/

Rating:



Review Comments:
We originally heard about Giordano's from a show on Travel Channel, but it wasn't one of our planned food stops. I took the advice from a co-worker to give them a try. Personally I am not one who cares for deep dish pizza, however, I do like stepping out the box from time to time.

Let me first say that trying to find this place by GPS was a complete nightmare and driving through Downtown Chicago traffic was frustrating. The GPS continued to take us where the restaurant wasn't located. We went around in circles for a crazy and annoying couple hours. Tried to access their website from our phones, but you have to know what zip code your in first to get a list of locations. However, we were able to locate one among the 55 locations that they have. Parking ended up being the next issue for us, but my sister was able to find a spot and place an order.

Now when we first arrived the place was so packed that people were waiting outside. My sister advised us that the wait time for both dine-in and carry-out would be 45-minutes to an hour. She placed an order for 2 loaded pizzas. Total was about $53. You can imagine how shocked I was at the price. However, I must be honest and say that by the time we got to my sister's house I understood why.

Although it was a tad cold by the time we ate it, it was still very good pizza.  The crust was crisp had the perfect flavor to it. You could it all by itself. The sauce was just a tad sweeter than I like it, but it mixed well with the cheese and all the food items inside. When they say loaded they weren't joking. It had sausage, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers. All seemed to be perfectly cooked and seasoned. It was, in my opinion, excellent pizza. One of few places we went to in Chicago worth recommending.









No comments:

Post a Comment