Saturday, July 16, 2011

McAlister's Deli - Mobile, AL

1200 Satchel Paige Dr, Mobile, AL 36606-2508 (251) 478-1011 ‎
www.mcalistersdeli.com

Rating: 




Review Comments:
My family and I had just seen Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon in 3D. We had decided to go somewhere different and McAlisters ended up being our choice that evening.

One thing I can say for the place...the staff was extremly nice and talkative. They explained everything we asked about when it came to the items on the menu and were big on "upsizing" if they could. The one thing that seem to have thrown my husband off, however, was hearing and watching a young lady have a loud private conversation on the phone while she was working. Being that he's a GM at a fast food restaurant he is picky about those things and could believe it was allowed. But other than that they were a very nice group.

When it comes to the food we weren't impressed. It wasn't bad food. Nothing that would make you sick, but there was nothing about it that would have me say that you must go here either. It was just ok. I had their Reuben Sandwich with Broccoli and Cheddar Soup. The soup was actually very good. Nowhere near Panera Bread, but still pretty good. The sandwich was pretty much bland in my opinion. Usaually the sauerkraut would stand out in a Reuben with a sour yet salty taste. Now I am not a big sauerkraut person really, but I do love it on a Reuben. Yet the sauerkraut on this sandwich didnt have much taste at all. The thousand island dressing had a bit too much sugar. It was decent enough too eat, but not something I would get again. Ernest had The Big Nasty and really didn't like it very much.

As far as delis go this not a bad place to go, however, it isn't a place that I would highly recommend either. They are simply ok. Nothing more and nothing less.






No comments:

Post a Comment