Thursday, March 17, 2011

Special Review : Lambert's Cafe III - Foley, AL

2981 S. McKenzie • Foley, AL 36535 • (251) 943-7655
www.throwedrolls.com

Rating: 


Review Comments:
You will find that many of the reviews on Yelp call Lambert's a "Tourist Trap" and maybe to some it is. However, this place hasn't been around as long as it has for nothing. People aren't so willing to wait to be seated for 45 minutes to an hour just because they have time to kill. Let me explain to you why me and my family love this place.

Lambert's is popular because of their hot and fresh buttered rolls that throw to you. That's right! They throw the rolls to you. You just have to raise your hand and they will throw you a roll with almost perfect precision.

They are also known for what they call "pass arounds". Basically during your meal they walk around with buckets of side dishes like ocra, black eyed peas and macaroni with tomato sauce. All of them are good and there are no limits on how much you can have. They also pass around excellent apple butter for your rolls.

The food is simply excellent in my opinion. The only dish I have found myself not to like is the chicken livers. The one time I ordered them some were very dry and others very tough. My favorite is there catfish. That dish never fails me.

Another thing I like about Lambert's is that it is very family oriented and they love to have fun. They will sing and announce those who have birthdays. Oh! And you have to be careful if they ask you if you want condiments like mustard or ketchup.

They will have a surprise for you if you say "Yes".

Many will say that you get too much food here. I really don't think that is a bad thing. Lambert's isn't a place you want to go if you're watching your weight. Avoid coming here if you want fine dining. This isn't that type of place. I mentioned this in my Yelp review and recieved several racist messages from someone simply because they don't like this place. The choice in the end is yours. I recommend this place because they haven't let us down.



No comments:

Post a Comment