Thursday, March 24, 2011

Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits -Dauphin St in Mobile, AL

3020 Dauphin Street, Mobile, AL (251) 473-3835
www.popeyes.com

Rating: 

Review Comments:
Yesterday was Popeye's national Payday Deal day. You get 8 pieces of chicken for only $4.99. It was very hard to pass up on this deal, but I now wish I had. See I am not a major fan of Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits. Strangely enough if I tell that to someone down south they get offended. First let me tell you why they have never been my favorite and then I will tell you why they got the rating they have from us.

It's not that Popeye's has nasty food or anything.It is just that I have never been to Popeye's and received fresh chicken or even chicken that tasted fresh. There always seems to be a lot more breading on the chicken than meat and (to keep it decent) their food never agrees with us in the mornings. However, with the deal we figured that they would make sure we were pleased with it. Which brings me to my rating.

The chicken, biscuits, and mashed potatoes with gravy wasn't bad. It editable and it was actually hot this time. The problem came once again with the chicken not tasting fresh at all and there was barely any real meat. This includes the breast and thighs pieces. Although the chicken was hot it had a slight taste of old grease or something. Not sure, but it made it taste like it had been sitting for a longer amount of time than it should. The biscuits and gravy I think were the best parts and they barely give you any of the mashed potatoes with gravy. I don't call a pint (see photos below) enough for a family. Do you?

Our other little critics didn't enjoy it at all really. My little boys love chicken. In fact, my youngest is the pickiest one, but I can always get him to eat chicken. He really didn't eat his this time. He got up several times, walked away, and then returned only because he was hungry. Usually if my children don't like it then it's not that good.

Personally, I won't be returning to this or any Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits. However, this is a personal choice. Mine is that they could be much better.





No comments:

Post a Comment