Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Five Guys Burgers & Fries - Mobile, AL

4663 Airport Boulevard • Mobile, AL 36608 • (251) 300-8425
http://fiveguys.com‎

Rating: 




Review Comments:
For months we have drove by Five Guys Burgers & Fries and said that we really have to go there one day. Always found ourselves impressed by the parking lot filled with cars. Well, on March 3rd we finally decided to take a chance and give them a try.

Walking into the place was not what I expected. They had a pile of boxes separating the dining area from the order line labeled "Peanuts". My very first thought was how glad I was my 5 year old, Ernest, was not with us. He is allergic to peanuts (only whole peanuts and peanut butter) and he trips out every time he smells peanuts or are near them. It took me a minute to realize that they are for you to eat while you wait. Something they have been doing for years back home in Colorado in many of the bars and restaurants.

The menu is very simple which I must admit I liked and liked the selection of condiments even more. The price on the other hand didn't make me happy at all. A tad expensive for burgers and fries for my taste. I believe my husband and I both got bacon cheeseburgers and we orders cheese dogs for our boys. Being that when we got there there really wasn't a lot people, I thought that it took just a little longer than necessary to finally get order. Once we got our order and went home I must be honest and say that the burger was excellent. I am a big fan of Hardee's and these burgers were just a bit better than theirs. We had a few of the fries in the car, but those didn't really didn't thrill us. I think it was because there wasn't any seasoning on them at all. I liked the fact that they use fresh potatoes, but without seasoning it just doesn't make them taste as good as they should.

Overall I give them a 4-Rating and would eat there again. I might not order the fries unless they have some type of seasoning, but the burgers a well worth going back sometime. And I didn't mention that the staff was pretty nice too. Customer service is always a plus in my book.




No comments:

Post a Comment